Friday, July 26, 2013

Happiness in a Nutshell.

One of the most important things my mom taught me is that it is our choice to be happy. No one has the power to take our happiness away from us. They can try all they like, but ultimately we are the ones who decide.
Too often people blame others for their "predicaments". The government, the economy, my ex-boyfriend, my family, my boss, the school, President Obama, even God: apparently they're all at blame.
Sure, people will do things to you.
People will hurt you.
They'll let you down.
But the real tragedy comes when we let those things eat us apart.
I saw this quote on Pinterest the other day, it said "Forgiveness doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart." I just loved that. So many people dwell solely on the bad things that have happened, and forget all the wonderful things they have in their lives.
We've been learning about agency and opposition in my Book of Mormon class. Again it was reiterated that trials and tragedy come so we can see the beauty in our blessings.
Instead of saying "why me" we should be asking "what can this do for me?".
 
This week has been crazy hectic. Cleaning check on Monday, a little girl broke her arm at gymnastics yesterday, I'm teaching the Sunday School lesson this week, had a Book of Mormon test yesterday, mixed in with lots of little bumps and stumbles.
But that's okay. I'm still having a blast :)
Haha, today I was walking through campus and had to pass through EFY territory.
Let me tell you, the EFY boys have way too much confidence :P
I got a lot of stares, and a few tried to flirt with me...
it was interesting :P
Maybe looking younger than I really am will come in handy later in life ;)
haha..
 
So anyways, I'm really excited about my project this week! This first picture below is my first real experience with photoshop :) and I gotta say, I'm pretty proud of it :) the rest are just fun!
 




These two are Chase and Elizabeth, probably the cutest couple ever ;)
Chase is leaving on his mission to Guatemala pretty soon, Elizabeth is planning on putting her papers in the next few months. I'm rooting for them ;)
 
 
so yeah.
 
things are interesting.
 
miss maren lee
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment