Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Being a Showoff

I've had a lot of chances to share my talents in the last week. I just love it :) Sometimes I feel cautious whenever I share my talents with other because way too often people accuse me of being a "showoff". I just hate that.
I mean, the Lord has told us to share our talents in order to uplift others, hasn't he? And that's what I try to do. I love the look on peoples faces when I show them one of my drawings or a piece of art, play them a song on the piano, or do a little gymnastics exhibition. I have these talents, what would you rather me do with them??
At least I try not to do it boastfully.
Its sad really, how oppressive people are when it comes to others "showing off". I think a lot of talents get smothered because of it. Also because of the fear of others casting harsh judgment..
Anyways. I had the chance to play my arrangement of Come Thou Fount and Homeward Bound in sacrament meeting on Sunday. (I've decided I'm going to all the arrangement Come Thou Home. :)
It went SO well! The chapel was just vibrating with my music, it was an amazing feeling.
That night I also played my compilation of my favorite songs for the talent at ward prayer. I didn't have the chance to practice, so I made a couple mistakes, but that was alright, people still loved it.
I also have devoted a wall in my apartment for my drawings. It lights up the kitchen :) Tyler likes to claim that he drew most of them haha.
When I was at work yesterday some of the optional girls were doing run throughs of their floor routines. Hearing the music really made me want to get out there and choreograph again! I watched a couple of their routines, and they could definitely use some Marenizing ;)
ha.
 
Here is my lovely roommate Elizabeth. We took a trip to the temple last night to see what we could find :) Interestingly enough, we hit a lucky night! The groundsman told us that we'll never see the temple lit up quite like this again since all the curtains were taken down for cleaning during the renovation. I love this picture of her and I holding hands!! the lighting is just so cool...
For the flower ones I'm playing with color and hopefully can use them for my theme project for my photography class :) Other than that it was a nice trip. We spent about an hour there, and you could still feel the spirit of the house of the Lord even though its currently closed and we were only on the outside. 
 

 


 
 
As for the life of Maren things are pretty simple right now. Three of my favorite people leave on missions in the next few months.. None have their calls yet, but all should come soon!! I admire them and their willingness to serve :)
 
 
simply happy.
 
miss maren lee

No comments:

Post a Comment