Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Black Sheep

It feels good to pick up my colored pencils again and just do some coloring.
These pencils have got to be my favorite medium EVER.
It's funny, some of the boys around have been commissioning me to make some art for their own apartments :) the drawings are nothing too spectacular, but it's still fun to share my talents with others.
Anyways, I was a little inspired by my favorite set of pencils, so I set them up to incorporate them into this weeks project: pre-edit cropping. The idea is to get rid of "the useless junk" that distracts from the core of the picture.
At first I had set up the typical rainbow, then I pulled out my black colored pencil (the shortest one from all it's usage...) but I wanted to incorporate it.

 

 

 
One of the issues with being at BYU is that its almost impossible to stand out. Before I was an LDS girl in a sea of nonmembers, now I'm an LDS girl in a sea of LDS girls. And each of them are exceptional in their own way. I've always prided myself with a sense of individuality, but now its difficult to even be noticed.
It makes me a little nervous, I'm afraid I'm going to lose myself amidst it all.
I'm a people pleaser, I tend to bend to those around me.
I just have to make sure I stay Maren.
 
miss maren lee

No comments:

Post a Comment