Thursday, September 26, 2013

Caught In-Between a Lie (or two..)

Have you ever met a pathological liar?
If you've met them, you probably didn't even know.
Have you ever KNOWN a pathological liar?
If you have, I sympathize.

The sad thing is, you don't even realize the lies until you're in way too deep.
And then you realize that its gotten to the point that they don't even know where the lies lie and where reality lives..
So what do you do?

Do you continue to support them, and just encourage them in their lies?
Do you confront them, tell them: "I've supported you all these years, but I don't actually believe you."
Do you ignore them and just let them drop out of your life?
Do you let their lies continue to manipulate you, as they have all these years..

I've never been physically bullied, but I realize I've been emotionally bullied.

and yet, its in my nature! All I want to do is help, and fix, and make things better!
But I have to learn that there are things that are out of my control.
I have to figure out how to cope with that too.

And yet, you still love them. You care for them.
Even after all the damage...

I'm sitting here in my favorite chair by the window, watching people's lives go by. In cars, on bikes, running here, walking there. Some with people, some alone..
Its a world of networks. We all connect in some way, and each new person we meet has an impact on us, even in the smallest of matters.

Be careful what impact you make on the world.
Be careful with the networks you come in contact with.
Strive to build them up!
Not break them down...

You wouldn't want to be broken, would you?

life lessons
 
from miss maren lee

No comments:

Post a Comment