Sunday, February 16, 2014

Do You Believe It?

Tonight my sister sent me a text.
It reads:
"I look in the mirror and all I see is a miserable, disgusting creature staring back at me.
Is that really all that I am?
It has to be.
All people see is the outside, the exterior, the outer layer, and they judge us accordingly.
No one takes time to peel back the layers and discover the blooming rose that wants to burst out of its shell but cannot without help. All they see is the bland layer on the outside that has nothing to do with the sparkling colors inside.
What I see in the mirror is a wall in front of my soul, and it tears me to pieces day by day. 
Nothing can change the way I look. 
I want to scream to them 
OPEN YOUR EYES, I AM BEAUTIFUL.
 But they stare blankly, as if I am air."

She told me "read this"
so I did.
and I asked her, "Anna, where did you find that?"
she told me "I wrote it."

I dont know that I have ever felt so heartbroken before.

Did I fail as a sister?
Did I fail by not telling my sister ever day "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL".

We are told daily we are beautiful.
But we are told daily that we're ugly.
Which do we choose to believe?

It is each woman's personal quest to find her self worth, but the truth is: It is not hidden.
Christ knows our worth.

I've spent the last hour wishing that I had spent less time worrying about myself and much more time concerned about others.
We need to be the Good Samaritans of self esteem.

I love my sister dearly. She is literally my best friend. (it didnt used to be that way, we used to fight like.. well, sisters.) She needs to know that she is beautiful. But will she believe it?

 

i love you bets.

miss maren lee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment