Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Answers.

Today I was told that I have been an answer to a prayer. 
But not just one prayer.
A prayer repeatedly pleaded over the space of a lifetime.
In tears she told me she's been waiting her whole life for a friend like me.
She told me the wait was worth it.

It's a feeling like none other, knowing that The Lord has trusted you with such a magnitude of a calling as being an answer to a pleading heart of one of his children.

Another experience regarding revelation:
I was on my way to hang out with friends over the break. I had said a prayer before my departure that I would be able to make wise decisions. Half way down my hill, I had the most terrible feeling, so powerful that I pulled over to the side of the road and could not go any further. After many tears I decided that I instead needed to go home. On my way home, my distraught self for having disappointing my best friends, I was having difficulty making it back. I remember pleading "please, just take me home, I want to go home, please just take me home" repeatedly. As I neared my house, these words suddenly were sung from my mouth:
"Prone to wander, lord I feel it, prone to leave the god I love... Take my heart oh, take and seal it, seal it for my courts above"
Upon my arrival home I received an answer to my own prayer that I have been waiting quite some time for.
It helped me to understand my Book of Mormon professor's teaching that obedience is one of the qualifications of revelation. I obeyed the spirit's promptings to return home, and this my heart was opened.


Lord, lead my feet that I may forever be thy humble servant.

forever seeking answers

miss maren lee



2 comments:

  1. we better be able to meet up again when I get back from my mission! amazing, you are. sad I didn't get to hang out with you more before leaving Provo. love you Miss Maren Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds perfect! So glad i had the chance to meet you :)

      Delete